Saturday, June 25, 2011

My First Day at Porcelain Painting With Norehan Kassim





Today, I tried my hand at porcelain (or China) painting for the first time. I attended a workshop carried out by Norehan Kassim at Kelopak Galleri in Shah Alam. It was very interesting and exciting and it was totally different from acrylic painting. I learnt to paint hydrangeas on a large white tile. No patterns or tracing were required. It was all free-hand drawing using my imagination. The result can be seen in the photo. However, this is only the first stage. The next stage is to send it for first firing before having to paint further on it for the 3D effect. Can't wait to get to learn roses as these are done very differently from how we paint with acrylic. Yet the whole look in porcelain painting is soft and dreamy. I may just try this technique with acrylic and glass and tile medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Guest Book

How to Locate Items

Hello Everyone,
I have categorised my items for orders and sale in 10 Volumes on slides. Please feel free to browse and if there is anything that grabs your fancy, just feel free to buzz me at +60122106706.

NOTE: Latest updates on new items painted can be seen below Slide Shows if you scroll further down. New items for sale are also added regularly on a weekly basis under the respective volumes.

"Potpourri" - Customers' Items I Painted On - VOLUME 10

"Deck The Halls"- Christmas Surprises - VOLUME 9

"Anything Goes" - Misc. Items - VOLUME 8

"Stash Your Gems" - Boxes - VOLUME 7

"Spin Me" - Lazy Susans - VOLUME 6

"Something's Cooking" - Something For the Kitchen - VOLUME 5

"Other Hang-Ups" - For the Home - VOLUME 4

"Hanging Around" - Plaques - VOLUME 3

"Kid Stuff" - Something for the Kids - VOLUME 2

"It's a guy thing" - VOLUME 1