Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Kiss - Plaque - at RM200






My colleague, Suraya Ahmed, commissioned me to paint this for her. It was one of the hardest I have ever attempted as I got this picture directly from the computer (I chose all the colours accordingly) and it took me four days to complete it. The first day, saw me preparing the background with a variety of techniques - sponging, rubbing and using crinkled cling wrap to get the rough and rugged textured look for the floor and walls. On the second day, I basecoated the couple.On the third day, I completed the man and today, I completed the lady and varnished the piece using a little Burnt Orange paint in my varnish to give it an aged look. I have to say, that I am very happy for how it turned out and I can't wait to give it to Suraya on Monday!

7 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it live yet and I'm already in love with it! :)

    Can't wait to see it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... it's a gorgeous piece jen... u're an artist...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Jen, good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good job jen!!! it's amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ayu! It was a very difficult piece to paint!

    ReplyDelete

My Guest Book

How to Locate Items

Hello Everyone,
I have categorised my items for orders and sale in 10 Volumes on slides. Please feel free to browse and if there is anything that grabs your fancy, just feel free to buzz me at +60122106706.

NOTE: Latest updates on new items painted can be seen below Slide Shows if you scroll further down. New items for sale are also added regularly on a weekly basis under the respective volumes.

"Potpourri" - Customers' Items I Painted On - VOLUME 10

"Deck The Halls"- Christmas Surprises - VOLUME 9

"Anything Goes" - Misc. Items - VOLUME 8

"Stash Your Gems" - Boxes - VOLUME 7

"Spin Me" - Lazy Susans - VOLUME 6

"Something's Cooking" - Something For the Kitchen - VOLUME 5

"Other Hang-Ups" - For the Home - VOLUME 4

"Hanging Around" - Plaques - VOLUME 3

"Kid Stuff" - Something for the Kids - VOLUME 2

"It's a guy thing" - VOLUME 1