Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm In Hospital!

What a thing to happen to me when I went to Perth last Monday. I fell seriously ill and was bed-ridden for all 6 days I was there! As soon as I got back on Sunday I got admitted into Gleneagles Hospital and after numerous types of tests done on me, it was discovered that I had multiple blockages in my intestines due to a previous operation I had three years ago for an ovarian cyst. My stomach was swollen badly and the doctor said he wanted to run a tube through my nose down my stomach to draw out the blockages for about 48 hours or I would need an operation if this did not work. They attempted this and I almost thought I would die with the excruciating pain. They removed the tube and when they wanted to do this again and I refused to let them.

To cut a long story short, the doctor left it a day and the next day when he saw me, he was surprised to see my stomach swelling had gone down and from a new xray done yesterday, it showed the blockages were disintergrating. He says this is good news and it would take maybe another 48 hours before they completely dissolve. Now I am thankful I do not need the tubes or operation. I am feeling much better! Oh yes....I have not eaten a morsel of food for 10 days!!!! I am not allowed to till the blockages are completely gone. I am on drips. Today the doctor has allowed me to drink only one cup of water.

I think I will make a nice Halloween skeleton by the time I leave hospital!! I must not forget to thank all my friends, family, relatives, strangers and my beloved husband for praying for me and of course God who has done a marvellous miracle for me.

As for painting....I am not sure when I will be back to it as I can't wait to get started on decorating my home for Christmas as soon as I am well enough. Let's wait and see ya!!!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry Jen to hear about what you went through. I hope you get well soon and have plenty of rest once you are out. Take care.
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping you make a quick and complete recovery, Jen.

    All the best for now, and for the happy decorating of your home for your first Christmas with your spanking-new husband, and new family.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. My husband is spanky isn't he? :)

    ReplyDelete

My Guest Book

How to Locate Items

Hello Everyone,
I have categorised my items for orders and sale in 10 Volumes on slides. Please feel free to browse and if there is anything that grabs your fancy, just feel free to buzz me at +60122106706.

NOTE: Latest updates on new items painted can be seen below Slide Shows if you scroll further down. New items for sale are also added regularly on a weekly basis under the respective volumes.

"Potpourri" - Customers' Items I Painted On - VOLUME 10

"Deck The Halls"- Christmas Surprises - VOLUME 9

"Anything Goes" - Misc. Items - VOLUME 8

"Stash Your Gems" - Boxes - VOLUME 7

"Spin Me" - Lazy Susans - VOLUME 6

"Something's Cooking" - Something For the Kitchen - VOLUME 5

"Other Hang-Ups" - For the Home - VOLUME 4

"Hanging Around" - Plaques - VOLUME 3

"Kid Stuff" - Something for the Kids - VOLUME 2

"It's a guy thing" - VOLUME 1