Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lazy Susan - Celebration RM300 - The Makings!


I decided to try this design by artist, Ritva Rasmussen. Looking at it told me it was beyond my less than a year's experience in decorative painting, but I thought I'd still give it a go. I started yesterday at 9.30am and finished at 12.40am! I had a few short breaks in between and my shoulders really ached by the time I stopped after midnight.

Everything went well except at the end where I had to paint two thin borders in gold. I don't have a steady hand when it comes to lettering, let alone 2 thin circles! I messed up and at 10.40pm I decided to forget the outer gold border and touch up the background to its original state. I was still not too happy with the outcome and decided to call it a night at 12.40am.

This morning I decided to give a gold mottled effect outside the inner gold circle and this time it was much better. I just wish I could paint fine lines and circles perfectly and smoothly!!! Below are the pictures I took of each step I took in completing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Guest Book

How to Locate Items

Hello Everyone,
I have categorised my items for orders and sale in 10 Volumes on slides. Please feel free to browse and if there is anything that grabs your fancy, just feel free to buzz me at +60122106706.

NOTE: Latest updates on new items painted can be seen below Slide Shows if you scroll further down. New items for sale are also added regularly on a weekly basis under the respective volumes.

"Potpourri" - Customers' Items I Painted On - VOLUME 10

"Deck The Halls"- Christmas Surprises - VOLUME 9

"Anything Goes" - Misc. Items - VOLUME 8

"Stash Your Gems" - Boxes - VOLUME 7

"Spin Me" - Lazy Susans - VOLUME 6

"Something's Cooking" - Something For the Kitchen - VOLUME 5

"Other Hang-Ups" - For the Home - VOLUME 4

"Hanging Around" - Plaques - VOLUME 3

"Kid Stuff" - Something for the Kids - VOLUME 2

"It's a guy thing" - VOLUME 1