Friday, March 13, 2009

HELLO!

This is a special moment for me as I have decided to take a step here in telling the world that I have decided to get into an affair.....Folkart - Decorative Painting!!. I started my first class on 31st October 2008 with a friend who taught me for a few weeks. Then in February 2009, I joined Zaitun Ramli's classes and I will admit that I have a mad passion for my new found hobby. I have been scouring bookshops and the internet for books on folkart. I have even ordered quite a bit of my art supplies from the US. Oh...but I must say that this has been a very expensive start for me with me already spending a few thousand ringgit to get started! ALL IN ALL, IT'S WORTH IT!! THERE'S NO TURNING BACK AND NO STOPPING ME!!!!

In the few months that I have been learning to paint, I decided to take a bold step to try painting a few projects by myself, and later with the help of Zaitun and many books. In just 3 lessons with Zaitun I have learnt so much from her. Not only is she a good teacher but in the short time that I have been under her guidance, we are becoming good friends. Not only do we share the same month when it comes to our birthdays, nor the same passion which is our art, but we also love American Idol!!!

I have decided to put my paintings here on my blog. I have already given a few of my pieces as gifts and in fact I have already started receiving orders from friends. Some of my pieces here are on sale or can be ordered. Every week, I make it a point to paint at least one new item. I hope you will enjoy my pieces as much as I enjoy painting them. For further enquiries, I can be contacted at +6012 2106706. Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Guest Book

How to Locate Items

Hello Everyone,
I have categorised my items for orders and sale in 10 Volumes on slides. Please feel free to browse and if there is anything that grabs your fancy, just feel free to buzz me at +60122106706.

NOTE: Latest updates on new items painted can be seen below Slide Shows if you scroll further down. New items for sale are also added regularly on a weekly basis under the respective volumes.

"Potpourri" - Customers' Items I Painted On - VOLUME 10

"Deck The Halls"- Christmas Surprises - VOLUME 9

"Anything Goes" - Misc. Items - VOLUME 8

"Stash Your Gems" - Boxes - VOLUME 7

"Spin Me" - Lazy Susans - VOLUME 6

"Something's Cooking" - Something For the Kitchen - VOLUME 5

"Other Hang-Ups" - For the Home - VOLUME 4

"Hanging Around" - Plaques - VOLUME 3

"Kid Stuff" - Something for the Kids - VOLUME 2

"It's a guy thing" - VOLUME 1